How to stop a sheriff sale of home

How to stop a sheriffs sale of home

Asked over 9 years ago in Pennsylvania
Categories: Real Estate

Answer Now

Sharmil McKee

Answer by Sharmil McKee

VerifiedPennsylvania lawyer

Go to court and file a Motion to Stay Sheriff Sale. Call the court's clerk and she/he can help you file the necessary paperwork.  You want to file the motion as an emergency. Of course, the judge is going to ask you why do you want to stop the sale. You should have a good explanation about how you intend to pay the past-due mortgage payments.  You may want to contact the lender, and work out a loan modification.  On the other hand, if you really can't afford the mortgage, then you should consider selling the property. Good luck.

Posted over 9 years ago

Sharmil McKee | Business Lawyer | Philadelphia, PA |

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Sharmil McKee, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Personal Injury Wes Wakeford California Lawyer Wes  Wakeford Verified Lawyer The Wakeford Law Firm serves the San Francisco Bay Area and... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show