Help me

i got taken away from my mom when i was 5 my g-ma adopted me she died my g-pa cant take care of me so i live with my aunt she is my legal gardian but i want to live with my mom i was woundering can i choose my gardian when im 14

Asked over 8 years ago in Oklahoma
Categories: Family

Answer Now

Reply by Admin Administrator

Hi there. We don't have many active lawyers from your state answering questions for family law. Generally courts listen to the wishes of older children such as yourself as to where they'd like to live. Perhaps your mother can help you with this. Also, it's possible to live with someone that isn't your legal guardian. Guardianship refers to the person that can make decisions on your behalf while you're a minor. Iif you think you'd like to speak to a lawyer about this, please use our referral form here: and we'll try to find someone to help.

Posted over 8 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Alternate Dispute Resolution Christina McPherson California Lawyer Christina McPherson Verified Lawyer Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show