What can i do?

My friends and I rented out a house from my now former boss. We paid 500 cash and signed nothing there was some damages and now a month later is threatening to take me to court to pay but only coming after me. Also fired me a week after coming back.

Asked about 6 years ago in California
Categories: Small Claims

Answer Now

Reply by Admin Administrator

Hi there. I'm sorry no one has answered your question yet. Your ex-boss probably won't be very successful collecting on this sort of thing, but if he does sue you, then you might want to consult a lawyer. One of these lawyers may be able to point you in the right direction if that happens: http://legal.advicescene.com/us/lawyers?area=Any&state=CA&textQuery=&commit=Search.

Posted about 6 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Scott J. Whitbeck New York Lawyer Scott J. Whitbeck Verified Lawyer A boutique law firm specializing in litigation, debt relief,... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show