Since this happened on the job, doesnt she have some recourse

a friend of mine was at work and was throwing some trash away in a key operated compactor, when she turned the key she was electrocuted, she could not let go and had to use her other hand to pull her stuck hand off the key, she had to go to the emergency room , she is pretty tramatized by the event.  she wants to know if she can sue for personal injury due to negligence on the part of the workplace?  she feels since she has no "permanent" injury she has no case

Asked about 8 years ago in South Carolina
Categories: Personal Injury  Labour & Employment  Workers' Compensation

Answer Now

Reply by Admin Administrator

Hello there. Unfortunately we only have one lawyer on our site that practices in the area of worker's compensation in your state: and she is not actively answering questions and has never been verified by us. Here is a list of unverified personal injury lawyers in your state who might be able to help too: I'm sorry we can't be of more assistance. I would recommend consulting with a lawyer in any event though, just so that your friend knows whether she has a case. Most personal injury and worker's compensation lawyers give an free initial consultation.

Posted about 8 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
DUI Jon Welborn North Carolina Lawyer Jon Welborn Verified Lawyer My practice is exclusively dedicated to family law and... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show