I am looking into taking over legal guardianship of a boy in north carolina; what is the process to bring him to virginia where my husband and i live?

If there is a child that their mother has already given up her right as a legal guardien in North Carolina and I live in Virginia what is the process to get legal guardienship from that child's grandmother? I am not a family member but I have been approached by a family member reguarding where this child will end up if someone doesn't step up and is willing to adopt this child.

Asked over 8 years ago in Virginia
Categories: Family

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Scott J. Whitbeck New York Lawyer Scott J. Whitbeck Verified Lawyer A boutique law firm specializing in litigation, debt relief,... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show