My fiancee lives in ny now and i want to know legally the conditions that would make it more probable for him to move to nc

he was arrested for armed robbery when he was 17 and served 3 years in prison and has a job wants to go to vocationcal school in nc. He is complient with all of his programs and has gotten in no further trouble. I would like to know what I could do to help his odds of being granted permission to move are.

Asked over 8 years ago in Oak island, North Carolina
Categories: Prisoners' Rights  Human Rights  Criminal Law  Constitutional Law  First Amendment  Civil Rights Law

Answer Now


<br />forgot to mention he is on parole in ny

Posted over 8 years ago

Jon Welborn

Answer by Jon Welborn

VerifiedNorth Carolina lawyer

You would need to find out what conditions he has on parole first. Then contact an attorney for further advice possibly.

Posted over 7 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Jon Welborn, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Alternate Dispute Resolution Christina McPherson California Lawyer Christina McPherson Verified Lawyer Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show