Iam a wodiower. the house is in my name . if i want to get married dose my spouse has any right to have 1/2 of my house ?

Asked almost 9 years ago in Massachusetts
Categories: Real Estate

Answer Now

terrence m rubino

Answer by terrence m rubino

VerifiedIndiana lawyer

i don't know massachussetts' law but in indiana or illinois your new spouse would not.  it sounds like you need some estate planning before you get married.  you should contact a mass atty and do some basic estate planning.  perhaps set up a living trust for the house and your assets but discuss that with the estate lawyer.  the cost should be moderate and will save you alot of headaches in the future.  good luck and god bless you.

Posted almost 9 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact terrence m rubino, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Scott J. Whitbeck New York Lawyer Scott J. Whitbeck Verified Lawyer A boutique law firm specializing in litigation, debt relief,... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show