Refusal to return personal property

I possess a bill of sale for a firearm that I purchased in 2009. Later that year, my ex-girlfriend took possession of the firearm. Now, I have requested that she return the firearm to me. She is of legal age to possess the firearm, but has no documentation to support ownership. The first owner of the firearm will agree to the facts stated in the bill of sale. I am willing to pursue a civil lawsuit. What type of law would support my lawsuit? Do I have any other options? Thanks!

Asked over 3 years ago in Alaska
Categories: Civil Litigation  General Legal Questions

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Scott J. Whitbeck New York Lawyer Scott J. Whitbeck Verified Lawyer A boutique law firm specializing in litigation, debt relief,... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show