Can custodial parent sign over guardianship to family member without my consent

my daughter's father has custody of our daughter he got a default order as I was incarcerated at the time in another state..since I have been out we have been living together and raising our daughter together.he has recently taken her and left and refuses to talk to me or tell me anything that's going on with her or let me see her.I have heard he is planning to leave the state and sign over legal guardianship of the daughter to his sister. can he legally do so without my consent? if not once he leaves can I just go get her from his sister?

Asked over 4 years ago in Nebraska
Categories: Family

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Labour & Employment Mel Williams Virginia Lawyer Mel Williams Verified Lawyer Areas of practice: 1. Employment discrimination,... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show