Recanting abuse charges

I was prescribed medication (oxycodone) during a time that me and my fiance were fighting a lot, because of the medication causing me extreme anxiety and paranoia I made statements to the police, that even though during the time I made them, I truly saw them as extreme abuse, but now, no longer on the medication, I realize the abuse was all in my head. I feel disgusted with myself and am trying so very hard to fix what I have done, but don't know how to recant? I went to victim witness and tried explaining t the situation but they are unwilling to stop pursuing charges? How do I recant? And also, what kind of trouble am I looking at for making such terrible false reports? Please help, I'm trying so hard to fix what I've done.

Asked almost 5 years ago in California
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Debt & Bankruptcy Sheila L. Rambeck Georgia Lawyer Sheila L. Rambeck Verified Lawyer We are a federally designated Debt Relief Agency under the... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show