Can i sue mistress or ex based on "fraud"?

Can I sue mistress or ex for conspiring, plotting divorce, set me up, intentionally humiliating me, secretly stealing/transferring marital assets without my knowledge, etc., causing me emotional distress? Sue her or him based on “fraud”? To seek unspecified amount of damages (e. g. $7 millions), plus returning transferred assets/gifts?

Asked over 5 years ago in New York
Categories: Civil Litigation  Personal Injury  General Legal Questions  Family

Answer Now

Antonio Gimbernat

Answer by Antonio Gimbernat

Not VerifiedHawaii lawyer

Yes, you can file a Civil Complaint against anyone. However, you will need Evidence such as Bank Statements, Withdrawal Checks from your Account with His/Her Signature (to prove Fraud). You must make sure the Account is Only in your name. If the account is in both of your names..., & he is legally allowed to make withdrawals..., you will need to prove the money was deposited into the account by yourself via a Deposit Slip & Paystub. He will then need to prove how the money was spent & if it was in the interest of your marriage. If he cannot, you may be successful. You can also sue for Punitive Damages such as (Pain & Suffering) for the inconvenience the deprivation of access to your Money caused you. Especially if you had to borrow money at a High Interest Rate (Pawn Shop). Slander & Libel, Harassment, & Breach of Marital Contract are valid reasons to file Civil Complaints. I will suggest you collect as many Evidence Documents as you can (Bank deposit slips, Bank Withdrawal Slips, Bank Statements, Pay Stubs, Pawn/Loan Receipts which reflect Interest paid etc.) & then make an appointment with a Local Divorce Attorney in your area. I will advise you have no contact with the defendants if possible, as it appears they are being deceitful & therefore they are undesirable company. Best wishes.

Posted over 5 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Antonio Gimbernat, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Civil Litigation Sharmil McKee Pennsylvania Lawyer Sharmil McKee Verified Lawyer I am a business lawyer in Philadelphia. I help small and... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show