Desperate for answers. my brother is on a cruel power campaign against me and my dying sister because he knows we don't have the means.

I am unable to see my mothers will because my brother is withholding it.

Asked almost 6 years ago in Brooklyn, New York
Categories: Contracts  Wills, Estates, Trusts  Family

Answer Now

Edward L. Armstrong

Answer by Edward L. Armstrong

Not VerifiedMissouri lawyer

Was the will filed for probate?  If an estate has not been opened (you are in New York so I think that would be the Surrogate's Court) you should check with the clerk of that court in the country where your mother passed.  If none has been opened you may be able to open an estate and force the production of the will through the Court.  You will need an attorney licensed in the State of New York.

Posted almost 6 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Edward L. Armstrong, or search the Lawyer Directory.


Thank you Edward, I truly appreciate any feedback. Do you know if this is something that we would have to pay upfront to a lawyer or if that's something that could be worked out?

Posted almost 6 years ago

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Scott J. Whitbeck New York Lawyer Scott J. Whitbeck Verified Lawyer A boutique law firm specializing in litigation, debt relief,... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show