I am a brittish citizen, i have lent money as explained above, does the statute of limitations apply to foreign nationals?

&nbsp; <p>26<sup>th</sup> November 2012</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Hello,</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I lent money to a Connecticut Incorporation in 2007 on a 6 Month loan.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I do appreciate you probably do not have any jurisdiction in Connecticut USA, so I am seeking advice how to quickly move forward and get a case filed in Connecticut so that I act within the statute time limits, and what it is I should say to describe my position.</p> <p>There were NO documents signed by either side.</p> <p>After the money was loaned to NES inc they tell me the loan was to another company NES ME (I have proof I paid NES Inc on my bank statements).</p> <p>I visited the Co in Connecticut USA having had eMail dialogue for over a year. The CEO of NES Craig Allmendinger confirmed they would pay me back the money loaned as soon as they could, which would certainly be after they get some FDA approvals and we shook hands. The approvals took longer than any one anticipated. I was making regular telephone calls to NES from the UK. The FDA approvals were granted Jan 2012 , NES Inc have this year won some lucrative long term work (which I had to find-out about myself) and I started the process of requesting my money be returned. After further delays I was asked during a telephone conversation with the CEO how much I thought NES inc owed, I reminded him the sum as always discussed and was told they would give me half. I have been trying to communicate with the CEO, he has instructed that I talk with there solicitor which I tried and shortly after he stopped communication.</p> <p>I understand there is a statute of limitation in Connecticut, USA lasting 5 years, that time is up in December 2012.</p> <p>How do I legally claim my money be returned please. I am confident the NES inc can afford to pay (there has been 2 X Press releases explaining the amount of work they are procuring this year + other sales).</p> <p>I am looking for some immediate help in getting my case into court before the 5 Year limitation statute takes effect.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I look forward to your reply</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

Asked over 7 years ago in Waterford, Connecticut
Categories: Business Law

Answer Now

Edward L. Armstrong

Answer by Edward L. Armstrong

Not VerifiedMissouri lawyer

I am not a Connecticut attorney but generally speaking a statute of limitations would apply to a non-resident the same way it would apply to a resident.  It shouldn't matter whether or not you are a British subject.

Posted about 7 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Edward L. Armstrong, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Suzanne Khalaf Sukkar Michigan Lawyer Suzanne Khalaf Sukkar Verified Lawyer Attorney Suzanne Sukkar understands why immigration issues... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show