Can a sheriff's sale be stopped if i have a large partial payment to give the mortgage company?

My home has a sheriff's sale date of September/2012 & the mortgage company's attorney is asking for about $15,200 (this includes legal fees) to stop the forclosure. I have only $10,000 of the $15,200. Is there ANY WAY that the mortgage company will accept the $10,000 & make some kind of payment arrangement for the remaining $5,200 AND also stop the foreclosure???

Asked almost 8 years ago in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Categories: Municipal Law  Civil Litigation  Real Estate  Human Rights  Small Claims  Business Law  General Legal Questions

Answer Now

Reply by Admin Administrator

It sounds like you might want to consult with a lawyer to see what can be done to prevent the foreclosure. Our Pennsylvania lawyers can be found here:
As you can see, many offer a free consultation.

Posted almost 8 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Personal Injury Sam L. Levine Georgia Lawyer Sam L. Levine Verified Lawyer I’m Sam Levine, and I live to help people. It shows in... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show