Restraining order

My son age 26 just received notice his ex-girlfriend has filed for a restraining order against him. He has never been physically violent with her and would like for to stay away from him. There has been a court date set for July 12th. Should he obtain services of an attourney?

Asked about 8 years ago in Manchester, New Hampshire
Categories: Civil Litigation  Criminal Law  General Legal Questions

Answer Now

Reply by Admin Administrator

In our view, your almost always better to at least consult with a lawyer before attempting to represent yourself in court. A lawyers obligation is to his/her client's best interests and can usually run circles around those who are not assisted by cousel. Great injustice can therefore result for the unrepresented. Our New Hampshire lawyers can be found here and many offer a free consultation:

Posted about 8 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
DUI Jon Welborn North Carolina Lawyer Jon Welborn Verified Lawyer My practice is exclusively dedicated to family law and... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show