Sexual assualt case of a minor

My wife told me yesterday that my step-daughters father sexually molested a 15 year old girl Saturday, 26 May 2012 in the morning time.&nbsp; This was confirmed by the girls mother who contacted my wife, and by the father's wife.&nbsp; The girl who was molested will not testify because she doesn't want her friends to find out about it due to emotional stress and the mother told my wife she would write a sworn statement for her if she decided to get supervised visitation.&nbsp; I for one want to go after him legally, but my wife tells me not too even though I am also a deputy sheriff.&nbsp; This is a moral thing for me and I'm not sure what to do about the whole situation.&nbsp; She does want to contact a lawyer this week in...and I was wondering what I should do.&nbsp; Thank you for your time. <p>&nbsp;</p>

Asked over 7 years ago in Monroe, Louisiana
Categories: Criminal Law  Family

Answer Now

David White

Answer by David White

VerifiedLouisiana lawyer

you must report this to law enforcement since i believe you are a mandatory reporter. At the very least tell your supervisor. Even tho she may not testify, most of these cases can be resolved without her having to testify.
david white

Posted over 7 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact David White, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Patents, Trademarks, Copyright James R Coleman Florida Lawyer James R Coleman Verified Lawyer Practice limited to patent, copyright, and trademark. ... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show