Can i move out of state

I have been divorced since 2008. I have primary legal custody of my daughter. There is nothing in my divorce papers that says I can not leave the state of North Carolina. I lost my job in North Carolina and have been presented with a position in Texas. My ex husband is very inconsistent with his child support payments and is very unstable and can not keep a job. I just need to make sure that I will be ok to take this position in Texs.

Asked about 8 years ago in Huntersville, North Carolina
Categories: Family

Answer Now

Jon Welborn

Answer by Jon Welborn

VerifiedNorth Carolina lawyer

If you still need an answer to this question then please let me know and I will give you my advice. Thanks

Posted over 7 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Jon Welborn, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Labour & Employment Mel Williams Virginia Lawyer Mel Williams Verified Lawyer Areas of practice: 1. Employment discrimination,... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show