If i am on the lease can i be thrown out of my house by my ex if i haven't broken any laws ie. abuse.

Asked almost 7 years ago in Hamilton, Ontario
Categories: Real Estate  Family Law  Landlord-Tenant

Answer Now

Marc A.  D'Heureux

Answer by Marc A. D'Heureux

VerifiedOntario lawyer

If your name is on the lease you have a right to remain in the house if you wish. If there is any possibility of domestic violence you need to consider whether it would be wise for you both to remain in the property together. It would be advisable for you to speak to a lawyer about your options in this matter as well as with respect to the other legal issues arising from separation.

Posted almost 7 years ago

Please contact me directly for a consultation. Marc A. D'Heureux, Barrister & Solicitor, 555 Kingston Road. West, Ajax ON Tel:(905) 427-4077 ext. 27 Email: MarcD@reillyandpartners.com

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Marc A. D'Heureux, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer I can make the difference. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show