Where do i start to get support for my 3 year old son i have no contact with the father but i know where he is

he knows about him but wants nothing to do with him.

Asked about 9 years ago in British Columbia
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Robert J. Klassen

Answer by Robert J. Klassen

VerifiedBritish Columbia lawyer

Depending on where you are living, if there is a Family Court close by you should try to contact a Family Justice Worker who can help work out a child support arrangement and contact the father in this regard.  Failing his co-operation, you may have to commence an application in the Family Court for custody, guardianship, access, if applicable, and child support.  If you lived with the father for at least 2 years and have not been separated from him for more than 1 year, a claim for spousal support may also be possible.

Posted about 9 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Robert J. Klassen, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show