Question regarding purging my arrest record

About 2 months ago I had charges against me withdrawn. I do know that the charges still show up on my record though until I have it purged. The charges against me were in Ottawa and I live in Alberta. My questions are; can I request to have them purged from Alberta? How do I go about that, any legal paperwork needed? Do I write a letter? Is there a time frame I need to wait before requesting my fingerprints and mug shot are destroyed since it has only been 2 months? <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;I do know that I need the Ottawa police to request the RCMP to remove it, I just don't know how to go about it or where to start. Thank you.</p>

Asked over 8 years ago in Ottawa, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Lawrence Gridin

Answer by Lawrence Gridin

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Contact the Ottawa police (non-emergency, of course) and ask them if they have a special form you need to fill out for this purpose. Otherwise, you can also just write a letter to the records department of the Ottawa Police.

Posted over 8 years ago

Lawrence Gridin · Brauti Thorning Zibarras LLP · 151 Yonge Street, Suite 1800 · Toronto, ON M5C 2W7 · Direct: 416-306-5765

DISCLAIMER Please note that by answering this question, I am not retained as your lawyer, and I am not providing legal advice on what you should or should not do. This answer is general legal information only. To obtain ADVICE specific to your situation, retain a lawyer that you can trust and you are comfortable working with. I am unable to provide legal information/advice over the phone or by email. However, I offer a FREE IN-PERSON CONSULTATION by appointment to anyone charged with an offence.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer Waldemar Igras has restricted his practice almost... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show