Trust in an executor

I have very few candidates for an executor and no one that I fully trust. I intend to leave everything to a charity. Since the charity won't be aware of my death or the provisions of my will I see the possibility of my executor not carrying out my wishes. My question is: is there anything in the formalities of executing a will that would force an executor to follow my instructions?

Asked 16 days ago in Simcoe, Ontario
Categories: Wills, Estates, Trusts

Answer Now

Hamoody Hassan

Answer by Hamoody Hassan

VerifiedOntario lawyer

If you wish to ensure the will is handed over to the chrity consider appointing a trust company or insurer as executor if ythey agree and you understand the costs. Be aware if you have a former spouse or children even adult children, they may contest the will so ensure it is well drafted and well considered. Some lawyers are also appointed executors, but it should not be the lawyer who drafts the will. Be sure to explore your power of attorney because if you become disabled someone has to make health care, including MAID and financial decisions. Sometimes people want different people for those jobs.Hamoody Hassan, BA LLB, LSO 1979, Senior Counsel & Mediator,

Posted 16 days ago

This is general advice, not based upon any particular case, fact or law: seek individual legal advice. I can only answer generally and cannot offer an opinion about your case. If you want an objective opinion or to interview with a lawyer, check out many lawyers on the internet like our firm who offer free consultations on contingency files. You can also phone the Law Society Lawyer Referral Service directly at 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5255 (within the GTA), Monday - Friday, between 9 am - 5 pm. They will provide 3 names of lawyers who handle cases like yours. Good Luck! Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel,

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact <a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel, </a><a href="" target="" rel=""></a><b><a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"></a></b>, or search the <a href="" target="" rel="">Lawyer Directory</a>. <br>

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Massood Joomratty British Columbia Lawyer Massood Joomratty Verified Lawyer Experienced Canadian Immigration Lawyer Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show