Us pcr test required at land border crossing

I left canada before the new land border restrictions. I couldn't afford the new quarantine hotels in canada and all the flights were cancelled . I planned to fly to Buffalo with a valid pcr test and cross the peace bridge. But the new restrictions says I must have a pcr test within 72 hours from the US. I'm finding it impossible to get a guaranteed less then 72 hour result in Buffalo. What could happen if I show up with my valid pcr test from Mexico at the peace bridge border crossing? Any advice would be appreciated.

Asked about 1 month ago in , Ontario
Categories: Immigration

Answer Now

Angelina Shuster

Answer by Angelina Shuster

VerifiedOntario paralegal

If you are coming from US to Canada (crossing the border inland), you must present test which was done in the USA. My advice would be to contact Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) in Buffalo and ask for special considerations. I don't think however you will be given any exemption. I am almost certain of that.

Posted about 1 month ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Angelina Shuster, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Leena Yousefi British Columbia Lawyer Leena Yousefi Verified Lawyer Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show