Child support

I have a son and me and my ex-husband divorced.I am here in Ontario and he is somewhere in Saskatchewan. I did not have an address of him and also I do not know may be he cam back in Ontario. I want to file case for my son child support. Where should I have to file case , is it be in Ontario or should I need to go to Saskatchewan. and also how do I find him to serve documents for child support case when I do not know his address.

Asked 11 days ago in , Ontario
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Hamoody Hassan

Answer by Hamoody Hassan

VerifiedOntario lawyer

You must file in the county in Ontario where your son resides with you. If you left recently it should not matter if your husband knew & agreed. If he goes along with the move that should settle re court location. See a lawyer as these cases involve special rules. Much will depend on your son's age, any support or separation agreements, employment & income of each of you, and your son if any. Also if either has wealth that is a consideration, plus if you need spousal support the court should consider both support issues at the same time. You can ask for insurance and support be paid if he passes away, be paid by his estate. Cost of arranging visits could be a factor for each of you as well as your reason for relocating. Contact us as services are available virtually and we can provide limited retainers, full retainers and alternate financing payment plans. Some conditions apply. Hamoody Hassan, BA LLB, LSO 1979, Senior Counsel, Toll free call to London Intake is 1-877-231-6421

Posted 10 days ago

This is general advice, not based upon any particular case, fact or law: seek individual legal advice. I can only answer generally and cannot offer an opinion about your case. If you want an objective opinion or to interview with a lawyer, check out many lawyers on the internet like our firm who offer free consultations on contingency files. You can also phone the Law Society Lawyer Referral Service directly at 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5255 (within the GTA), Monday - Friday, between 9 am - 5 pm. They will provide 3 names of lawyers who handle cases like yours. Good Luck! Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel,

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact <a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel, </a><a href="" target="" rel=""></a><b><a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"></a></b>, or search the <a href="" target="" rel="">Lawyer Directory</a>. <br>

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Contracts Marc Z. Goldgrub Ontario Lawyer Marc Z. Goldgrub Verified Lawyer A new kind of lawyer for a new green economy. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show