Mortgage misquoted me for deferral payment

Hello, I was given the choice to have my mortgage differed for 6 months and was quoted on approximately how much it would cost me to return back to my amortization schedule at the end of 6 months (repaying). Throughout 6 months I made numerous phone calls, confirming the amount I will need to repay. I was called yesterday and told that they have misquoted me and that I will need to owe upwards of 3 thousand more. I was never told this throughout the 6 months, and I had spoken to multiple representatives who quoted me the “misquoted” amount. This was not one person, not two, but several, quoting me the same number over and over again. The company has all my phone calls recorded, and had admitted that they made a mistake of misquoting me.

Asked 23 days ago in , Ontario
Categories: Contracts  Debt & Bankruptcy  Business Law

Answer Now

Hamoody Hassan

Answer by Hamoody Hassan

VerifiedOntario lawyer

I recommend you email the manager of your bank and ask he refer it to their bank's Ombudsman who will likely rule in your favour. If not you can then apply to the Federal Banks' Ombudsman. If that does not work have a lawyer send a demand letter. Good luck Hamoody Hassan, BA LLB, LSO 1979, Senior Counsel,

Posted 23 days ago

This is general advice, not based upon any particular case, fact or law: seek individual legal advice. I can only answer generally and cannot offer an opinion about your case. If you want an objective opinion or to interview with a lawyer, check out many lawyers on the internet like our firm who offer free consultations on contingency files. You can also phone the Law Society Lawyer Referral Service directly at 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5255 (within the GTA), Monday - Friday, between 9 am - 5 pm. They will provide 3 names of lawyers who handle cases like yours. Good Luck! Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel,

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact <a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel, </a><a href="" target="" rel=""></a><b><a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"></a></b>, or search the <a href="" target="" rel="">Lawyer Directory</a>. <br>

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Personal Injury Brian Goldfinger Ontario Lawyer Brian Goldfinger Verified Lawyer Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show