Cyberstalking/defamation charges

If someone falsely charges me with cyberstalking, I have evidence to back up it wasn't. Could I charge the person with defamation? It could potentially ruin my chances at colleges, a reputation etc.

Asked about 1 month ago in Palmerston, Ontario
Categories: Internet  Criminal Law  General Legal Questions  Family Law

Answer Now

Angelina Shuster

Answer by Angelina Shuster

VerifiedOntario paralegal

Yes, you can. You may complain to police and also file a claim for damages in civil court.

Posted about 1 month ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Angelina Shuster, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Contracts Kevin Johnson Ontario Lawyer Kevin Johnson Verified Lawyer Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show