Can i add another surety? & how do i go about doing so?

I have a live in surety, but she may be taking an out of town job which would have her absent a couple nights a week.

Asked about 2 months ago in Fort erie, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Angelina Shuster

Answer by Angelina Shuster

VerifiedOntario paralegal

Yes, you can turn to the court with asking for a "variation of your bail conditions". If you don't have a lawyer, you may do it through duty counsel in court, but it is advisable to obtain your own legal representation because duty counsel might not go into all details you need to present.

Posted about 2 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Angelina Shuster, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Lorne Fine Ontario Lawyer Lorne  Fine Verified Lawyer Please contact us at 416-661-2066 in order to obtain legal... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show