Alternative measures program

How do I find out if I am eligible for adult alternative measures for a criminal charge? The arresting officer was the one who suggested it to me at the time of my arrest. How do I go about pursuing this?

Asked 6 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law  Alternate Dispute Resolution

Answer Now

Ayesha Naaz

Answer by Ayesha Naaz

VerifiedAlberta lawyer

Your Defence lawyer should be speaking with the Crown Counsel to get you an AMP if you are eligible. Generally it is available for only certain offences for first time offenders. It is case specific so cannot generalize without knowing the exact offence.

Posted 6 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Ayesha Naaz, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Internet Larry Crossan Ontario Lawyer Larry Crossan Verified Lawyer Larry Crossan is a lawyer, entrepreneur, educator and... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show