Can i be summoned to pay fiancee's child support in ontario?

I am engaged to someone who already has kids from a previous marriage : 6, 13 and 14 years. If he defaults on his child support payment, will I be asked to pay his support? Will my income be factored in? How can I protect myself?

Asked 23 days ago in Ontario
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

VerifiedOntario lawyer

No, you are not responsible for his child support payments.

Posted 18 days ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Ari Wormeli British Columbia Lawyer Ari Wormeli Verified Lawyer Ari Wormeli graduated from the University in Victoria in... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show