Family gathering or supervisa

Good evening, my name is Luna and I moved to Canada last February. I am originally from Syria. The reason why I am contacting you Is that I am willing to bring my mother to Canada through family gatherings or SuperVisa and I need some advice about the requirements. to be noted that I am an Algonquin student and I work at Bell and my parents are divorced.

Asked 10 days ago in Ottawa, Ontario
Categories: Immigration  Human Rights  International  General Legal Questions  Patents, Trademarks, Copyright

Answer Now

Angelina Shuster

Answer by Angelina Shuster

VerifiedOntario paralegal

For super visa, you have to have income, to demonstrate you can financially support your mother during her stay with you. I am afraid that, as a student, you might not be a suitable candidate for such a visa for your parent. However, everything will depend on details of your personal circumstances. For a regular visa, similar requirements are applicable, but it is more viable that your mother would come to you on a regular visa, since you are a student in Canada. I strongly advise you to consult with me in private. Legal fees will be applicable.

Posted 10 days ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Angelina Shuster, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show