Small claim court

hi my name is Michael I wanted to ask a question I did not respond to a small claim I own 11000 In a past I had a car and I didn't have money to pay so car was repossessed I got letter few days ago and it's says it's small claim court but I didn't respond

Asked 5 months ago in Mississauga, Ontario
Categories: Small Claims

Answer Now

Hamoody Hassan

Answer by Hamoody Hassan

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Hi Michael, I am sure it is not easy to figure things out, but it is better to go to court and check what has happened as probably there is a judgment against you and it may not be for the correct amount. Also if you cannot afford to pay it you can seek relief under the Creditor's relief Act or work out a payment plan with the creditor. If you are unsure paralegals or a lawyer can help you. Contact us at Hamoody Hassan, BA LLB, LSO 1979, Senior Counsel, toll free at 1-877-231-6421 or Email for a consultation. Some fees may apply.

Posted 5 months ago

This is general advice, not based upon any particular case, fact or law: seek individual legal advice. I can only answer generally and cannot offer an opinion about your case. If you want an objective opinion or to interview with a lawyer, check out many lawyers on the internet like our firm who offer free consultations on contingency files. You can also phone the Law Society Lawyer Referral Service directly at 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5255 (within the GTA), Monday - Friday, between 9 am - 5 pm. They will provide 3 names of lawyers who handle cases like yours. Good Luck! Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel,

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact <a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel, </a><a href="" target="" rel=""></a><b><a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"></a></b>, or search the <a href="" target="" rel="">Lawyer Directory</a>. <br>

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show