Trying to get a copy of my father's will

I'm trying to get a copy of my father's will. My step mother refuses to let me see it. I even said that I would go see the lawyer and he could let me see it in his office but she refuses to tell me who the lawyer is. She said that he is a lawyer downtown. She can't remember who it is. I know that she is lying to me but I don't think that I can do anything without seeing the will first.

Asked 3 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Wills, Estates, Trusts  Family Law

Answer Now

Shira Kalfa

Answer by Shira Kalfa

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You are entitled to make an application to the Superior Court for an order disclosing the Will to you as you are a natural heir. 

Posted about 1 month ago

Shira Kalfa is a founding partner of Kalfa Law, a business & tax law firm in Toronto. As the lead solicitor at Kalfa Law, Shiras' practice is focused on:

Corporate law including incorporation, joint ventures, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements and corporate restructuring
• Commercial law including asset and share purchase and sale transactions, contract drafting and review and financing
Tax law & tax planning 
Learn more about Kalfa Law here
Call Shira at: 416-631-7227
Email Shira at:

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Shira Kalfa, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show