Dads intestate death in windsor ontario

my dad died intestate here in windsor ontario, and i am not sure what the next steps are in regards to his house (estate), and what I am legally entitled to. my stepmom has been married to him for 40 years, and has just applied to be administrator, but i am concerned that his house that he had in his name only will be underappraised, and I am being left in the dark by the family. help

Asked 14 days ago in Windsor, Ontario
Categories: Wills, Estates, Trusts

Answer Now

Hamoody Hassan

Answer by Hamoody Hassan

VerifiedOntario lawyer

I would have your lawyer conduct a search in the legal community in Windsor or where he lived about a possible will as given his age he likely at some point had a will. The law of succession in cases of intestacy is laid out in the Succession Law Reform Act for spouse and children. Title to the home if they married is subject to the Family Law Act, othewrwise iof she is not on title she must assert a claim under the Succession Law reform Act or for a constructive trust. The best approach is to recognize a fight like this could shape up to be can be very expensive a pragmatic practical cost effective compromise is usually the best approach. Get a lawyer experienced in the field of intestate succession.   My spouse Sharon Hassan of our firm handles such cases and has practiced over 26 years. Feel free to call and arrange a consultation in person or by toll free call 1-877-231-6421. Good luck, Hamoody Hassan,Senior Counsel, LSO 1979 # 19243E,

Posted 13 days ago

This is general advice, not based upon any particular case, fact or law: seek individual legal advice. I can only answer generally and cannot offer an opinion about your case. If you want an objective opinion or to interview with a lawyer, check out many lawyers on the internet like our firm who offer free consultations on contingency files. You can also phone the Law Society Lawyer Referral Service directly at 1-855-947-5255 or 416-947-5255 (within the GTA), Monday - Friday, between 9 am - 5 pm. They will provide 3 names of lawyers who handle cases like yours. Good Luck! Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel,

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact <a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Hamoody Hassan, Senior Counsel, </a><a href="" target="" rel=""></a><b><a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"></a></b>, or search the <a href="" target="" rel="">Lawyer Directory</a>. <br>

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show