Joint divorce

Can my husband and I file a joint divorce if we live in separate provinces. No assets and no children. Been apart for 3 years

Asked about 1 month ago in Fort mcmurray, Alberta
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Ayesha Naaz

Answer by Ayesha Naaz

Not VerifiedAlberta lawyer

Hi, Thanks for your query. You can file separately as well and note the other party in default if the latter does not respond. The other party can also show that he or she is ordinarily resident in Alberta for all practical purposes and then a joint divorce can be filed here in Alberta. Let me know if you have further queries and I'll be more than glad to help. Thanks.

Posted about 1 month ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Ayesha Naaz, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show