Permanent residence

I am currently looking to extend my IEC visa. I want to make sure that I am LMIA exempt and that all my employer need do is submit a new offer of employment. Thanks

Asked 10 months ago in Kelowna, British Columbia
Categories: Immigration  International

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You can extend your permit with the same employer, or apply and obtain a new LMIA with an open employment offer, Meaning you can work for any employer.
Secondly, for speedy processing, your present employer needs to give you a letter of continues or impending offer of employment.

Posted 10 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show