Forced home improvements

Our place is old and needs siding, but we cannot afford it. We are seniors on a fixed income. Can the city force us to paint or side our building?

Asked over 1 year ago in Fort st. john, British Columbia
Categories: Municipal Law  Real Estate

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

VerifiedOntario lawyer

No, but the city can enforce safety conditions if the building is too dilapidated or needed reinforcements of any kind due to safety reasons.

Posted over 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.


Thank you so very much. We are very worried, and this is a great help. It has no safety or infrastructure concerns. Just needs a paint or siding, and that is not in our budget now.

Posted over 1 year ago

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Civil Litigation Sebastien St-Clair Quebec Lawyer Sebastien St-Clair Verified Lawyer Simplicity. Integrity. Support. :: Find out how our firm... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show