How do i stop my fro payments since child now lives with me

My 16 yr old daughter is now living with me but my suppprt payments are still going to her father.How do i stop those payments and do i need to change the custody agreement.

Asked 5 months ago in London, Ontario
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You need to go back to family court and obtain full custody of the child. Then serve the papers to FRO. Moreover; you have to umderstand that your child is 16 and at the age of consent. He or she has a right to decide who they want to live with without any custody given to any of his/her parent.

Posted 5 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.


Do i have to file the custody order in his town of residence or mine? We live three hours away from eachother and the original custody agreement was made in his town of residence

Posted 5 months ago

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show