Family and property question

Hi there, my husband recently bought a house and is worried his family can take it from him in court. Can his dad (rarely visits) legally take his house if he didn't contribute or sign the purchase of the house?

Asked 9 months ago in Mississippi station, Ontario
Categories: Contracts  Real Estate  General Legal Questions  Family Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

No, he does not have any legal right to become the property owner of the house he did not contribute towards purchase or signing of the deeds.

Posted 9 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.


Thanks for the response !

Posted 9 months ago

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show