Ability to sell home,whereby one partner not able to make decisions doe to a disease.

My husband is in a nursing home, has Parkinson’s. I want to sell our home. Both names on Deed. I have a letter from Dr.stating that he is not mentally or physically able to make decisions. Is this letter all I would need to be be able to sell

Asked 9 months ago in Nova Scotia
Categories: Real Estate  General Legal Questions  Family Law

Answer Now

Diana Metlege

Answer by Diana Metlege

Not VerifiedNova Scotia lawyer

Do you have a Power of Attorney for your husband?
Please call our office if you would like to discuss.

Posted 9 months ago

Yours truly,
Diana Metlege, B.Sc., LL.B.

Barrister - Solicitor - Notary Public
380 Bedford Highway
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 2L4
(902) 404 3623
(902) 404 3626

Please note my new email address diana@metlegelaw.ca

This e-mail is confidential, and is to be considered private communication between the individual to whom it is addressed and their Solicitor.  Please respond and inform our office, if you inadvertently received and read this confidential correspondence.    

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Diana Metlege, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer Waldemar Igras has restricted his practice almost... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show