Abuse from husband

My sister lives Canada and he husband who isn't from Canada has been hitting her.. What can she do?

Asked 6 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Immigration  Personal Injury

Answer Now

Angelina Shuster

Answer by Angelina Shuster

VerifiedOntario paralegal

Your sister should report her abusive husband to police. The police officer will examine his documents and, if he is an illegal immigrant, he will be reported to the Canadian Border Services Agency. Subsequently, he might be removed from Canada.

Posted 6 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Angelina Shuster, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show