Can i change university

I am from India and got admission in York University for undergraduate course in Law and Society and also in Trent University for same cijrse in Biology. I applied and got student visa giving admission letter of York University. I now want to persue my undergraduate course in Biology from Trent University. Can I change the University since I already have visa and study permit and work permit also, and I have already landed in Canada.Pl advisRegafds,Ajay Kumar

Asked 6 months ago in Hyderabad, Ontario
Categories: General Legal Questions

Answer Now

Simran Kaur

Answer by Simran Kaur

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

Hello Ajay,

Thank you for your question.
The information provided below is general in nature, and may change if other information comes to light or circumstances change.
Ajay, both York university and Trent university are listed on the Designated Institution List (DLI), and the policies around changing schools dictate that you must inform the Immigration authorities about the change in school. You can do this online if you have an account.
Read about how to do this here:
I’d be happy to assist you further should you decide to retain my legal services.

Simran Kaur
Barrister & Solicitor

Posted 6 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Simran Kaur, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Landlord-Tenant Caryma Sa'd Ontario Lawyer Caryma Sa'd Verified Lawyer Law Office of Caryma Sa'd CALL or TEXT:... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show