I'd like to keep the house

Hi, just going through a separation. we have a house together, not married, but living together for 5 years. I took early retirement 3 years ago at spouses request. He pays for everything, I look after the house, yard and spouses business matters (2 companies) and his personal needs (house bills and expenses) he works away. He wants the property (25 acres plus 1 rental home on the property). I'm wondering if I could be the one to keep the property without having to remortgage. He is only offering to give me back my down payment - $90,000 there has been no increase in value. He has a full time jobs that pays extremely well so could easily purchase another home. It would be difficult for me being on a pension.

Asked about 1 month ago in Salmon arm, British Columbia
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer Waldemar Igras has restricted his practice almost... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show