Can payment for a small claims judgement come from a third party?

Hi,I live in BC, Canada and I have a small claims judgement against me and the creditor is demanding payment by this week or they will escalate (not sure what that entails).I am totally willing to pay the amount, but I don't have the money. My parents have opted to pay it for me, which brings me to my question:Is it safe for my parents to send the money as a certified check under their name? We would send it via registered mail and require signature of course.I am just not sure if it has to come from my name or not.

Asked 5 months ago in British Columbia
Categories: Small Claims

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show