Child moves to father.

My 18 y.o. son is coming to live with me and study at a local College after HS grad. His mom is requesting to put his documents on her friend's address in the neighborhood instead of mine. She explains it as it will be easier for him to access all services he needs at less cost. I tend to have his documents on my address and request her to pay support since he continues his education at age 18 after HS. As far as I understand, if he will live with me and have documents on a different location, his mom may request Child Support payments continue to her. Other her "reasons" have no grounds, for me. Can anyone explain, what she is trying to manipulate with now? What are the consequences to have my son documents assigned on other than my home address location?

Asked 9 days ago in Ontario
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show