Child support

I am being made to pay child support, (which I don't mind), but I never see the child. The mother has my name incorrectly on the support papers. Am I able to fight that and stop the payments or do I still have to pay child support regardless?

Asked about 1 year ago in Cornwall, Ontario
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Susan Alalade

Answer by Susan Alalade

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You will still have to pay child support regardless of the fact that your name was spelled incorrectly or whether or not you are unable to see the child. 

However, you can bring an application for access.  

Posted about 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Susan Alalade, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show