24 year old charge/warrant

When I was 16 I was charged with shoplifting in a town I didn’t live N. I did not show up for fingerprinting etc. And I believe a bench warrant was issued. I am now 40 and live in Alberta. Can I get a criminal record check without the warrant showing up?

Asked over 1 year ago in Alberta
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You should do a criminal police check of your records.
then you should worry.about whatever is in your record.
if the warrant for the shoplifting you committed while you were a minor did.not show on  your record. it means either it has been erased or was never executed by the court.

Posted over 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show