I am living in Edmonton, AB and going through a divorce with my wife. We both came into the marriage with our own homes and then purchased a third home together. While married she sold the home she brought into the marriage in which we both lived for 4 years and I still have the home that I brought into the marriage which she has never lived nor stayed in. We have been separated for approx. 5 years and for the last three of those years she has not allowed me to stay in the home we jointly bought. She is claiming that she has right to not only the jointly purchased home but also to the home I brought into the marriage. Is this correct? She has kept me out of the house for three years and claims that I am still responsible for expenses of the joint home I am not allowed to live in. I need advice on what my rights are and how to proceed. Please help. Thank you.

Asked about 1 year ago in Edmonton, Alberta
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You shoukd speak to a family lawyer.

Posted about 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Landlord-Tenant Caryma Sa'd Ontario Lawyer Caryma Sa'd Verified Lawyer Law Office of Caryma Sa'd CALL or TEXT:... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show