Citizenship states

I got my parmenant resident under refuge and protected person in Canada . My mom was sick and she passed away which made me go back to my country . I stayed for 2 mounth there . Is that going to affect my citizenship application?

Asked 11 months ago in Toronto, Ontario
Categories: Immigration

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

No, as a permanent resident status of canada, you can be away from the country upto 6 months, but not exceeding six months.
it will not effect your citizenship application.
Good luck.

Posted 11 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer Waldemar Igras has restricted his practice almost... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show