Restraining order

I want to get a restraining order against my parents, who are divorced, to prevent them from calling and texting me. I tried to speak to my mother and instead she kicked me out of the house. Then she flew my father home from his vacation in a foreign and he went to the house I was staying at and then went to my best friends work to find me. There, he gave me the ultimatum to either drop out of school, or they would pull me out of school (which they cannot do). Now that I have made it clear I will figure everything out on my own, they have not stopped calling and texting me. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, of which they are not very supportive, and the harassment is not good for my mental health. I am doing perfectly fine on my own. But the constant calls and texts interrupting my day are not helping me in anyway. In fact every message from them sets me back in my progress. I would like to know what I have to do, and how much it would cost to get a restraining order against the two of them.

Asked 7 months ago in Edmonton, Alberta
Categories: Criminal Law  Family Law

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Posted 7 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show