Suing my mother

My name is Lexie and I'm wanting to take legal action against my mother. At the age of 13 years old I lost my father and due to that I started receiving cpp benefits from the canadian government. It is around $250 a month for the last 6 years and I have seen none of these payments as they were sent to her instead and she did not let me have access to this money so she has stolen from me a total of 18,000 I want to know how to take action to receive this money

Asked 6 months ago in Spruce grove, Alberta
Categories: Civil Litigation  Human Rights  Appellate Practice  Family Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

At the age of 13 years you are considered a minor, and your mother became your biological guardian and has sole custody of you for upkeeps, accommodation clothing etc.
You should be grateful that you have a caring mother that did not let you grow up out of the family.
Most judges will not make a decision to your favor, rather, they may look at you and have in mind that something is wrong mentally or psychological.
Good kids do not take their parents to court on family matters about minor family matters.
moreover, the money you are paid monthly is very little for a proper upkeep of a child daily.
Please reconcile with your mother if you have decided to distance yourself from her based on this kind of belief.
You should love and cherish your mother that looked after you, take you to school, daycare, recreational activities etc, and cared for you from diaper to adulthood.
My advise will be no, you can not sue her, you will not win.

Have a wonderful week.

Posted 6 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show