Need to cancel a car purchase

Signed papers to purchase a car but have changed my mind? Is there any grace period?

Asked 6 months ago in Whitney, Ontario
Categories: Contracts

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

most car dealers, especially used car dealers are ripe offs. they always has a reason not to refund full downpayments to clients.
however,if the dealer have spent money in registering the car, he has a right to reduce refund of your money.
But he he has not spent a looni, he should refund your money in full without any deduction for administrative fee unless they have spent money and time in financing.
secondly, check the agreement and bill of sale to make sure about the sales conditions and hidden fees.
This is a matter for small claims court unless unless both of you chooses to settle out of court.

Posted 6 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show